Welcome to the Moa Party!
Moa is open source server code that enables cross-posting between networks such as Mastodon, Twitter, and other networks. The main server runs at https://moa.party, and is maintained as a public utility.
This site is the Moa Party: used for status updates, documentation, and news from the maintainers. Explore the Notes for more.
- February 5, 2023: Twitter API Fees and Moa Party Shutdown
- May 30, 2021: We’ve enabled [[Matrix]]-powered [[Cactus Comments]] on the site here. This means that you can leave a comment on any page, either anonymously, or using your Matrix login. More details on the [[Contact]] page.
- April 8, 2021: Thank You Maxime!
- March 28, 2021: We redirected the @firstname.lastname@example.org account to our more global @email@example.com account. Yes, there are a ton of other ways to contact us – come by and say hi!
March 22, 2021: One more road bump from switching hosting. There was an error with the DNS configuration that caused the IP address of the domain name to point to the wrong server. This showed a
403error to users until it was corrected. The configuration was fixed, so this error can’t happen again.
- March 17, 2021: As part of the transition to new hosting, we made a mistake with the Twitter API key. People were seeing 500 errors, and toots weren’t getting tweeted, and vice versa. Sorry about that, everything should be back to normal now!
- March 14, 2021: Welcome to the Moa Party!